In 2008, the League created new emphasis on technical and research services by forming the City Hall Center. Through the center, the League staff prepares briefing papers, conducts surveys, archives ordinances and responds to requests for information. Through the center, the League staff has networked with various state agencies and other public and private entities to gather information regarding loan and grant programs, training opportunities and updates on regulatory activities that pertain to municipal governments.
The Mississippi Municipal League’s City Hall Center is pleased to present the 2020 edition of State Agency Grants & Loans for Mississippi Municipalities as a reference guide to be used by municipal officials looking for funding opportunities from Mississippi’s state agencies.
Additional services provided by the City Hall Center include:
- Provide a line of communication between municipalities and the "City Hall Center" to address the needs of cities and towns.
- Maintain a relationship between public and private entities, with emphasis on MML Associate Members, to provide resources for solutions for the needs of cities and towns.
- Establish a network of resources based on the expertise of MML members, realizing another municipality is often the best resource for solutions to municipal problems.
- Coordinate technical research with MML's legislative agenda.
- Work with the MML education program to provide training that addresses the needs of cities and towns.
- Technical Briefs - MML papers that give an in-depth explanation of important and detailed issues that MML cities and towns need to know about. These briefs can range from topics like MML's new voting policies to complicated legislative bills passed by Mississippi's state legislature. These briefs can be written by MML staff or outside experts in a particular field.
- Informational Briefs - Less technical explanations of activities or events cities and towns need to know about.
- Technical Articles - Articles in the MML's magazine, Mississippi Municipalities, which provides information to MML members.
City Ordinances Archived
Successful city ordinances will be archived so that they may be passed on to member municipalities upon request.
- Build an association with entities that provide grants to cities and towns.
- Act as a clearinghouse of information regarding various grants available to MML members. Municipalities are responsible for implementing their own grant application once a grant opportunity is identified.
- Publicize grant opportunities and deadlines to MML members.
- Maintain a relationship with grant entities to insure knowledge of new grants or grant changes.
Clean-Up Property Information
- Sample of Clean-Up Property Notice of Hearing
- Sample of Clean-Up Property Notification of Adjudication
- Sample of Clean-Up Property Re-Entry Warning
For more information on the City Hall Center, contact MML Deputy Director Robbie Brown
at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the MML office.