The City Hall Center
In 2008, the League created new emphasis on technical and research services by forming the City Hall Center. Through the center, the League staff prepares briefing papers, conducts surveys, archives ordinances and responds to requests for information. Through the center, the League staff has networked with various state agencies and other public and private entities to gather information regarding loan and grant programs, training opportunities and updates on regulatory activities that pertain to municipal governments.
- Provide a line of communication between municipalities and the "City Hall Center" to address the needs of cities and towns.
- Maintain a relationship between public and private entities, with emphasis on MML Associate Members, to provide resources for solutions for the needs of cities and towns.
- Establish a network of resources based on the expertise of MML members, realizing another muncipiality is often the best resource for solutions to municipal problems.
- Coordinate technical research with MML's legislative agenda.
- Work with the MML education program to provide training that addresses the needs of cities and towns.
- Technical Briefs - MML papers that give an in-dept explanation of important and detailed issues that MML cities and towns need to know about. These briefs can range from topics like MML's new voting policies to complicated legislative bills passed by Mississippi's state legislature. These briefs can be written by MML staff or outside experts in a particular field.
- Informational Briefs - Less technical explanations of activities or events cities and towns need to know about.
- Technical Articles - Articles in the MML's magazine, Mississippi Municipalities, which provides information to MML members.
- Information Pamphlets - Brief foldouts that outline important information necessary for municipalities.
- PowerPoint Programs - Provide information needed by cities and towns for a group presentation using PowerPoint Technology.
- MML Website - Provide important and timely information to cities and towns through a special link on the MML website.
Successful city ordinances will be archived so that they may be passed on to member municipalities upon request.
- Build an association with entities that provide grants to cities and towns.
- Act as a clearinghouse of information regarding various grants available to MML members. Municipalities are responsible for implementing their own grant applcation once a grant opportunity is identifed.
- Publicize grant opportunities and deadline to MML members.
- Maintain a relationship with grant entities to insure knowledge of new grants or grant changes.
Municipal Resource Library
In this section you will find useful information pertaining to municipalities:
-Broadband for Mississippi
-Cleaning of Private Property.pdf
-Conference Dates and Board Meeting Conflicts Tech Brief.pdf
-Inventory Tax Exemption Tech Brief
-Inventory Tax Study.pdf
-MSU Extension Service
-Municipal Salary Survey 2011.pdf
-New Requirement for Homestead Reimbursements.pdf
-2012 - 2013 Updated Homestead Jurisdictions.pdf
-Social Media Policy
-Town of Duncan Healthy Hometown Award.pdf
-Travel Tech Brief