Local elected officials are distinctly positioned to protect the health and safety of residents and to provide reassurance in times of crisis. The Mississippi Municipal League developed this resource page to support cities, towns and villages during the COVID-19 outbreak and to take measures to reduce its spread. MML will update this page as information becomes available.
On March 18th, the Mississippi Legislature suspended the 2020 Regular Session until April 1, 2020. Before they adjourned, HB1647 was passed which gives cities and towns the discretion to continue to pay municipal employees that are on leave because of COVID-19.
Over the last several days, the MML staff has been gathering other documents we feel will be useful to you as you navigate the coming weeks.
Click the links below to view the following documents:
- Executive Order 1466 - NEW
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employee Rights - Paid Sick Leave and Expanded Family and Medical Leave - NEW
- Message to Officials and Operators of Public Water Systems from MSDH Regarding Declaration of Critical Infrastructure Workers - NEW
- Message from the MS Apartment Association Regarding "Essential" Elements of the Multi-Family Housing Industry
- MS Ethics Commission Clarification on Compliance with the Open Meetings Act During the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- MS Small Business Development Center - Tips for Applying for SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loan Applications
- USDA Implements Immediate Measures to Help Rural Residents, Businesses and Communities Affected by COVID-19
- US Department of Homeland Security - Memo on Identification of Infrastructure Workers During COVID-19 Response
Thank you for your leadership during this challenging time, and please let us know how we can help you!