Main Site Content
Deputy Clerk - Town of Terry
Deputy Clerk - Town of Terry
Under the supervision of the Mayor of the Town of Terry the Deputy Clerk performs a wide variety of tasks necessary for proper financial management and operation of the water utility. This is a full-time position that works under minimum supervision. The position is hired by the full Board of Aldermen. There is a six-month probationary period. Evaluations are conducted at the end of the probationary period and annual thereafter during the-last month of the Town of Terry's fiscal year.
Education and Experience:
This position requires a minimum a high school diploma or equivalent and at least two years' cash accounting experience working at a public or private organization, preferably with a high level of customer contact.
Because this position is charged with the responsibility of handling the cash assets of the municipality, the person filling this position must be bonded and as a result no person with a felony criminal record can be considered for this position. This position also requires a basic knowledge of computer operation, preferably with experience with accounting or billing software. There will be no waivers granted to the above requirements.
- Prepares bills by posting meter readings, printing and mailing bills each month.
- Receives, receipts, posts, and deposits into the Town of Terry's operating bank account all customer payments.
- Prepares reports including aged accounts receivables, cut-off listing, consumption summaries, and billing registers.
- Performs general office duties such as order office supplies as needed, answering correspondence and forwarding to appropriate addressees as needed, maintaining correspondence files, and other clerical tasks as assigned by the Board.
- Responds to emergency conditions according to the Town of Terry's Emergency Response Plan.
Duties Related to the Management and Administration of the System:
- Advises and assists the Board of Aldermen regarding financial and administrative procedures.
- Works closely with the Public Works Director in procuring equipment, supplies, and outside services.
- Participates with the Board of Aldermen and consulting engineers in planning system improvements or expansions.
- Handles customer inquiries and complaints related to water service and billing.
- Advises and assists the Board of Aldermen in developing the Annual Budget.
- Assist external auditor in preparing the annual audit.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive knowledge of cash accounting procedures, intimal controls, basic math principles, & office management.
- Working knowledge of computers, software applications, and office equipment.
- Ability to sort, classify, code, and otherwise assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Exceptional customer service skills and proper telephone etiquette.
- Ability to respond to inquiries from the public, provide assistance and routine information, and refer non-routine questions to the proper person.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Board, staff, outside service providers, and the customers.
Town of Terry Deputy Clerk
- Type and print agenda (Friday prior to meeting)
- Issue privilege license for new businesses and send renewals upon expiration
- Post and manage new job advertisements
- Distribution of mail for all departments
- Process water bills (Software BBI)
- Print monthly bills
- Handle water annual
- Print water bill (needs to be in citizens mail box the 30th of each month)
- Handle annual water inspection
- Answer phone and walk in’s concerning issues and direct to correct department and/ or person.
- Handle court payment
- Court Last Monday of the month (docket needs to ready Monday prior to court)
- Manage rentals for community center
- Assist wherever necessary
- Court Services (Software ADSI)
- Must Be bondable
Alexis Reed, CMC
City Clerk/ Human Resource Director
Town of Terry
315 W. Cunningham Ave.