Main Site Content
Job Opportunity: Financial Analyst - City of Moss Point
Job Opportunity: Financial Analyst - City of Moss Point
The City of Moss Point is looking for a talented individual to be a part of our team!
Building a sustainable Moss Point through progressive leadership, fiscal transparency, and public safety while enhancing quality of life through equity, economic growth, and diversity.
The City of Moss Point is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Status: Full Time
Pay Range: $32,000-$43,000 (annually)
Work Environment: Office Setting
Reports to: Director of Finance Administration
Under general direction of the Director of Finance Administration, the Financial Analyst assists with the development, preparation, analysis, and ongoing review of the City’s operating and capital plans, performance measures, management reviews, and continuous improvement projects.
- Prepares & process employee time management
- Prepares & process payroll
- Prepares & process invoices associated with payroll
- Prepares & process Federal & State reports
- Prepares & process W2’s & 1099’s
- Performs primary preparation of budget analysis for assigned funds including tasks such as the development, preparation, analysis, and review of budget statements, reports, and records.
- Compiles and analyzes budget information to prepare entries to general ledger accounts and applies principles of accounting to analyze budget information and prepare budget reports.
- Analyzes, interprets and develops revenue and expenditure projections for the use in preparing operating and capital budgets, forecasts, schedules and other management reporting information.
- Prepares and processes journal entries for transactions and fund transfers as directed by the Director
- Prepares balance sheets and income statements (statements of fund balances) on a regular basis that are used for internal operational reporting as well as by the Budget Team; including providing actual support data and interpreting reporting data in an accurate and concise manner
- Prepare supporting documents, schedules and footnotes as needed in preparation of the City's annual budget and coordinate and provide data and information to the internal audit department as requested.
- Modifies as directed and documents the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
- Coordinates with outside agency contacts and prepares and monitors outside agency funding agreements and contracts.
- Work with staff and other city employees on the continuous improvement of accounting services to ensure a consistent, integrated Accounting System that is utilized within the standards, and ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Recommend process improvement goals, objectives, and changes to policies and priorities for assigned activities in order to improve the financial reporting services of the City.
- Manages financial records and ensures that transaction are properly recorded. Ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger.
- Assist the Director with preparing the audit schedules budget and other financial reports.
- Applies accounting and budgeting principles and procedures to record, classify and examine records of financial transactions. Analyzes and interprets financial data and procedures to prepare financial information and reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in professional budgetary or accounting role that has provided the necessary skills and knowledge to perform all necessary job functions events
- Experience working in municipal government
- Master’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field
- Four (4) years’ experience in budget development and administration and/or cost and revenue project and control
- Experience in a public agency setting and/or an appropriate advanced degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Read, analyze, and interpret business and technical procedures and governmental regulations
- Interpret and apply accounting principles and theories in work applications
- Organize and analyze financial data
- Work in details, problem solving and communicate fiscal problems
- Present information and respond to questions
- Compose reports, correspondence, procedures and other documents
- Calculate amounts and apply principles of accounting
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Use computer software programs such as Incode and/or other applications
City Hall – The City of Moss Point, located on 4320 McInnis Avenue, Moss Point, MS 39563 is home to many of our administrative departments, such as Economic Development, Human Resources, Utilities, and Community Development.
Who we are
The City of Moss Point is a vibrant and energetic city with potential and growth as its foundation. It is a place where the leadership and community work hand-in-hand to build the community in which we would like to live. We are a professional and progressive community that is committed to strive for greatness.
ARE YOU READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN THE GREAT RIVER CITY?
Please go to the website, www.cityofmosspoint.org to submit your application. If you have any questions about the position, please call 228-474-0300.