Mississippi | Financial Management for Small Water Systems: Planning for the Next 5 Years and Beyond
Date: April 24, 2019
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Location: MSU Coastal Research and Extension Center
1815 Popps Ferry Road - Biloxi
MML members will receive 2 CMO Elective Credits for attending.
Click here to register!
You work hard to provide safe, quality drinking water to your customers at fair rates. But how are your finances? This workshop will provide you with the tools to improve the fiscal health of your utility without compromising service or deferring maintenance.
You will learn how to:
– Design appropriate rate structures
– Track and benchmark financial performance
– Plan for future capital costs
– Identify external funding sources (loans and grants)
Trainer: Glenn Barnes, Associate Director – Environmental Finance Center at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Contact: Katie Sankel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Who Should Attend:
• Managers, owners, and operators of small water systems serving less than 10,000 people, including local government systems and tribal systems, as well as all other types of water systems, such as: homeowners associations, mobile home parks, resorts/campgrounds, schools, prisons, and more
• Decision-makers for water utilities, including mayors, finance officers, utility managers, public works directors, city councilors, board members, tribal council members, and clerks
• Consultants and technical assistance providers serving water systems
CEUs: This workshop has been approved for 5 CEUs for water operators.
Cost: Complimentary. Meals will be the responsibility of the participant.