Announcing Small Town Podcast:
Featuring Mississippi Municipalities with Populations of 5,000 or Less
Call for Video Applications
The Mississippi Municipal League is collaborating with the creator and host of Small Town Podcast, Mayor Matt Seale of Oscilla, GA, to create five episodes of a podcast, each highlighting one of Mississippi’s unique cities, towns, and villages with populations of 5,000 or less.
The League is now accepting video applications from any MML member municipality with a population of 5,000 or less that would like to be featured in one of the episodes. Video submissions should be no longer than 3 minutes and should explain why your municipality should be featured in a podcast.
Applications will be judged on the content of your video, not the production quality. A cell phone video is an easy way to submit an application. Applications will be reviewed by an independent committee.
Please consider answering some of the following questions in your video submission:
1. What is unique about your town?
2. Was there a major historical event that helped shape the character or reputation of your town?
3. Has your town had to overcome a struggle or are you currently working to overcome a struggle? If so, what innovative approach have you or are you taking to address the issue?
4. Is there a famous citizen from your town?
5. What would you encourage visitors to your town to see or do while they are there in order to experience the best of your community? (Historical site, festival or event, etc.)
There will be no cost to the small towns selected to participate. The Small Town Podcast crew will travel to your municipality to do all interviews on-site.
To listen to the current Small Town Podcast, download it for free on the Apple Podcasts app or Google Play. You can also visit the website and listen to a sample at https://smalltownpodcast.com
ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE TO THE MML OFFICE BY FEBRUARY 14, 2020, AT 4:30 P.M.
ENTRIES CAN BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY TO SAMANTHA@MMLONLINE.COM OR MAILED TO THE MML OFFICE AT 600 E. AMITE STREET, SUITE 104, JACKSON, MS 39201